Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bloody Scotland - III

Our third event was The Private Investigators and featured Gordon Ferris, Craig Russell and Russel D McLean. Another interesting event, looking at why these authors chose to write about PIs rather than police. The conversation was lively and the readings excellent. It was just a bit of a shame that it overran, so we had to hoof it down the road for our next event, that was 30 minutes later.

Our final event for the day was Island Crime with Ann Cleeves and Peter May. This was the event that I was looking forward to most and I wasn't disappointed. Both authors spoke about why they chose the Islands as the focus for their stories and how much of their own lives they had detailed in their work.

My paternal grandfather comes from Barvas, the town on Lewis where Peter May's story is based. It was a delight to finally meet the author of the books I love. Plus, he recognised me from my Twitter photo! That made my day!!

Man says he is also enjoying Bloody Scotland and now has a big heap of new authors to enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment