Monday, May 21, 2012

I finally catch up with technology

When the Kindle first came on the market, I must admit I was sceptical. I was doing a lot of on-screen proofreading at the time and my eyes were suffering as a result. The thought of doing yet MORE reading on a screen was less than attractive to me, so I gave the Kindle a miss.

Then I bought my iPad,

which had a Kindle App...

... so I downloaded it, as you do (it was free after all), and acquired some ebooks...


Kindle on the iPad and I have a love/hate relationship. Once I managed to overcome the surges of nausea that hit me whenever I changed the page, I got on OK with it. Sort of. The books I read using it where extremely good. They had to be or I would never have stuck to them. Despite this, I still didn't manage to fully immerse myself in them and mourned the loss of the touch and smell of paper that is so much part of the reading experience.

Anyway, to cut a long and tedious story short, the number of ebooks I am being asked to review has slowly been increasing and my inability to bond happily with the iPad App meant I had to resort to drastic measures...

Two weeks ago I BOUGHT A KINDLE!!

Thanks to Mum for some birthday money, I figured that there was nothing as pressing as fast-approaching Middle-Age to encourage me to try a new piece of kit.

So, I am now the proud owner of a Kindle. The posh touch screen variety at that. And here is where this new blog comes in. I will publish reviews of the ebooks I read here, as well as on Amazon, and keep you all up to date on how I get on with it.

Wish me luck!! Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment